Skip to search panel.
Skip to main content panel.
Skip to footer panel.
Total open vacancies available: 48
My Job Basket (0)
This page displays details of the selected vacancy.
You can download the job specification, apply for the job or add it to your job basket while you consider it further (or remove it if it is already in your job basket).
RPN/Clinical Support, Temp RPT
**In order to be considered, please ensure that you attach your current resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.**
**Your session will expire and you will lose any unsaved information if you spend 30 minutes on any page without saving or submitting information by pressing 'next', previous' or by clicking to another step in the application process.**
Mission: Together, advancing compassionate, quality care.
Vision: An Exceptional Community Hospital - Setting Standards, Exceeding Expectations.
Values: Respect, Teamwork, Compassion, Trust, Knowledge, Accountability.
Temporary Regular Part-Time
# OF POSITIONS:
POSTING DATE: 4 March 2013
As part of the candidate assessment process, applicants may be required to complete a written and oral examination and provide a record of educational activities (including e-learning report) over the last 2 years during interview.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge& Skills)
- Current Certification of Competence as a Registered Practical Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses.
- RPN Diploma preferred.
- Current BCLS certification.
- 2 years Emergency Services experience required.
- Geriatric experience preferred.
- Computer Skills - Intranet, Microsoft Office, Care Manager, STAR, Solcom, Risk Monitor Pro.
- Electrocardiography experience required.
- Proficient use of patient assessment technology (vital signs monitor, oximeter and infant weigh scale) required.
- First aide training/knowledge of application of ice, heat, slings, splints, dressings and compression bandages) required.
- Practice level consistent with the full scope of practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario, which includes but is not limited to:
- Evidence of the successful, administration and management of blood & blood
- Evidence of the successful completion and/or practice in processing physician
orders, administration of oral, subcutaneous, IM, suppository, aerosol and
IV medications, venipuncture and IV management
- Demonstrated adherence to the expectations of nursing practice at CKHA
- Customer service / conflict training preferred.
- Current certification in Pharmacology preferred.
- Member of RPNAO preferred.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES (Experience)
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
-Personal commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development with identification of own learning needs.
- Excellent clinical physical assessment skills which includes pain assessment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated principles of adult learning are reflected in patient education .
- Demonstrated skills in inter-professional collaboration to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to support and embrace the philosophy of Service Excellence and Patient and Family Centred Care.
- Demonstrated participation in building a culture of safety and partnering with each other to improve the safety of patient care processes and systems.
- Demonstrated performance reflecting the Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Major Responsibilities of the Position)
- Provision of nursing care to meet the Standards of Practice of the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with the inter-professional team to plan, implement and evaluate patient care, involving the patient and family.
- Act as a liaison for patients/families with members of the health care team.
- Work collaboratively to identify and implement process improvements to better meet the needs of patients and families.
- Understands and embraces change by actively participating in successful implementation.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients/families, visitors, staff, volunteers and physicians.
- Actively participates on various unit, program and hospital committees supporting our goals & objectives in addition to initiatives that support continuous quality improvement.
- Adheres to CKHA's attendance standards by maintaining personal health and ensuring regular and prompt attendance at work.